Elder Nelson with Pres & Sis Darrington

Elder Nelson with Pres & Sis Darrington
Just after Mike got to Florida

Thursday, January 21, 2010

11 January 2010

January 11, 2010

Wow it was great to hear from Kim. Wow.
She gets to go home, after all the trials all the support all the problems and all the love. She gets to come home again, YES!
Man It feels so weird not being there to experience all of this. I got the long end of the stick this time. I hope that my mission will benefit you all in the hard times. Man Kim, you are making me lose all my hair too!
Well I got a call from President on Saturday. I was right- I’m getting transferred to the Deland Zone. My new area is called New Smyrna Beach, and my comp will be Elder Peterson- he was in my zone in Hunters Creek.
Elder Barney is very sad that I am leaving- he is just as worried as I was when Miller left. He will do fine. He is getting a good companion who he is bigger than Barney is to so he will keep him in line. I’m leaving this area better than I found it. We have a pool of many ‘gaters and have a few baptisms coming up. I hope I will be able to go to them. I’m sad to leave this area- there are a few members here I’m really going to miss. And there will be Elders I won’t ever see again ether. But I guess that’s why we have Facebook, right Kim?
Well it snowed a bit on Saturday… wait, hold on a sec... yeah. It snowed a bit on Saturday. It was pretty cold and we were on bikes that week. No gloves, and it was hailing too- ouchy! But we were blessed for it: we found 3 new’ gaters, one of which is very positive. His name is Leo- he’s from India. Yeah… so I never thought I would see snow in Florida- at least not on my mission. But yeah, I did- crazy. I loved it! Soon it will be back up in the 90s. It hasn’t been this cold for this long in 10 years I think.
I went to the Temple again on Friday with the Bairs. It was great- I wish we could go more than every 3 months. But I’m glad that I can go at least that often. They took us out to eat afterward at a Mexican place with tasty burritos... which we ate on the way home in their car, so it got a little messy.
We set some new goals as a mission with the top result being 100 baptisms a month and 1200 a year, which is a new, new stake. That’s the goal… let’s see if we can do it.
How is your Book of Mormon reading? You should do what I’m doing and mark in red every time you see Christ talked about, or anything he says. I have found about 5000 so far, it makes reading more interesting and personal I think.
I love you all I am so glad that Kim can come home again I hope that she continues to improve.
I will let you know my new address next week, and tell you about my new area.
I hope you all have a wonderful new week.


Love,
Elder Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment